Nikon announces development of the AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR
New fixed focal length telephoto lens offers superior agility and optical performance
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 14th June 2018: Nikon today announces the development of the AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR – a fixed focal length super-telephoto lens compatible with Nikon FX-format digital SLR cameras.
The high-performance AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR lens is significantly smaller and lighter than other lenses of the same focal length due to the adoption of the same type of Phase Fresnel (PF) lens element used in the AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR, released in January 2015. Hand-held photography is easy with this compact lens, while its portability makes it suitable for a wide range of situations, from capturing fast-moving subjects at sporting events to unpredictable wildlife.
The lens’ release date and recommended retail price will be provided at a later date.
About Nikon’s Phase Fresnel (PF) Lens Element
The Phase Fresnel (PF) lens element, developed by Nikon, provides superior chromatic aberration compensation performance when combined with a regular glass lens element. Due to the use of a PF lens, a remarkably compact and lightweight lens body can be attained with fewer lens elements.
- NIKON ADDS VERSATILE DX ZOOM LENS TO ITS NIKKOR Z RANGE
- NIKON INTRODUCES TWO NEW MONARCH BINOCULARS TO BRING THE BEAUTY OF NATURE TO LIFE
- Nikon releases the NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2, a compact and lightweight prime lens for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON SCOOPS FOUR WINS AT THE 2021-2022 EISA AWARDS
- NIKON LAUNCHES THREE NEW RANGEFINDERS TO TAKE YOUR GOLF GAME TO THE NEXT LEVEL
- NIKON DEVELOPS NEW HIGH-POWER Z SERIES ZOOM LENS
- NIKON ANNOUNCES THE NIKON Z fc MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear and ARUP Announce Judges for Environmental Photographer of the Year 2021 Competition
- Nikon to expand its Z mount lens range with the development of the NIKKOR Z 28mm f/2.8 and NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2
- Reveal the beauty you see with the first Z series macro lenses